Sunday 6 September 2009

It's been a long, long time


Beach Huts at Wells-Next-The-Sea
Acrylics on stretched canvas
12" x 10"

Well, here, at last, is my new posting. It has been such a long time since my last (four months!!! ). I've started a new job since then, so not so much time for painting, but I am gradually getting back into producing work on a regular basis.
This one was done for a friend's 70th birthday. I'm glad to say she was really happy with it. The beach huts at Wells are such interesting structures to draw and paint.


5 comments:

Anita Davies said...

I've spent alot of time in Wells recently and recognised the area in your painting from the thumbnail in my blog roll...Great job!

storybeader said...

it's beautiful, like always. Hope your friend enjoys it!

Theresa said...

John, good to hear you got a job and hope it's going well.

I can see why your friend was happy with that painting, the colors are beautiful. Good to see you back :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Welcome back to active blogging. We all have our own personal priorities in life and working for a living is indeed a top priority. Your latest work is vastly different from your previous ones. It is more colorful and vibrant and exudes so much hope and positive energy. Welcome back. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Unknown said...

Thank you to you all. It is good to be back 'on the blog'. Not sure how often I'll be able to post, but will try to make it at least once or twice a week.